It’s almost over. The first decade of the second millennium will come to a close in three short days from the time of writing.
And here’s what I remember of the last ten years, without looking at CNN or any news/encyclopedic sources:
- 2000: Last year of Bill Clinton’s reign
- 2000: Microsoft is sued because they’re too big?
- 2001: Napster is shut down because of its illegal P2P service
- Sept 11 2001: Four Al-Qaeda hijacked planes hit the WTCs, Pentagon, and a field in Penn. Many die, many more injured. Bush is absolutely pissed.
- 2002? Saddam Hussein is hung. YAY!!!
- May 2003: War on Iraq is begun
- 2004: Spirit and Opportunity are sent to opposite sides of Mars. They’re still going.
- 2004: Summer Olympic Games in Athens, the birthplace of the Games.
- 2005: Space Shuttle Columbia shredded to bits upon reentry
- 2006: Pretty much the last year before a recession kicks in
- 2006: Former Pres. Ronald Reagan dies
- 2006: Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy?
- 2007: R.I.P. Anna Nicole Smith. Gosh, I really can’t remember much from 2007.
- 2008: Beijing Olympic Games. Michael Phelps wins the most medals in history, and later goes on to smoke pot and get in a car crash
- 2008: Last year. Washington State gets hit by the heaviest snow since 1996
- 2008: RECESSION!!! 😦 😦 😦
- 2009: Pilot Sullenberger successfully lands a plane on the Hudson R. Apparently after that, a bunch of plane crashes follow
- 2009: Barack Obama is inaugurated as the first African-American Pres., replacing Bush 🙂
- 2009: Michael Jackson dies, followed by Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Patrick Swazye, etc. List goes on and on…
- 2009: Tiger Woods… yikes. Need I say more?
Actually, I did pull one of these events from the Internet (specifically, Wikipedia.) Can you guess which one it is?