A challenge to my blog readers

Which hand is your dominant hand? For 90% of you, it’s probably your right hand. For the other 10%, your left.

For the next week, try making more use of that non-dominant hand. After all, you never know when you might get an injury in your dominant hand… and when you do, you have yourself to thank for practicing non-dominant handedness.

I’m challenging myself this week by trying to hit the space bar with only my left thumb. Every time I look at my keyboard, I realize how many glossy spots there are, you know, the special spots on the keys where your finger oils have worn off the key surface. One quick glance at my spacebar reveals a massive glossy spot on the right side, but almost no damage on the left side. Being the OCD person that I am, I would like to see my spacebar symmetrical in terms of glossiness.

What will you try this week? Hitting the space bar with your non-dominant hand? Using the mouse with your left hand? It’s up to you, but appreciate that other hand. You never know when you’re going to rely on it.